Sunday 9 November 2014

This Song of Freedom



Freedom is sharp
The curved blade that cuts
Head off my neck
And lets more heart blood spout
In the manner of a fountain

Freedom is tender
            With my arms around you
As if they were feathers
            For the love of the world
I cannot see a separate thing

Freedom is boring
            Going to the toilet
To shit and piss
            Every morning looking in the mirror
Searching for pimples on the nose

Freedom is fire
            I hammer the blazing steel of the thoughts
That shackle me, mine and everything
            Only to have the acid of fear corrode
All that I ever grabbed and held
           
Freedom is delicate
The dewdrop that falls
From the leaf above
            Makes the web tremble
And the spider rope down to the next
             
Freedom is despair
            No food before us
With all the good people in chains
            While our leaders spit roast our hearts
At their tables of plenty

Freedom is desire
Never getting
Enough of it
When everything
Is always there

Freedom is sentimental
            These tears stain your pillow with
My being so very special
            As my is head remains stuck in the mud
I cannot walk through walls into cloud land as I would

Freedom is straight and narrow
            Deadlines 
Timelines
Fault lines –
            To bring about many a cleansing disaster

Freedom is simply free
            No quality but its own
And there is stillness,
            Leaves unfolding in spring
Tumble to rot in November

Essentially
Even stupor is freedom
So is clinging and so is hate
Unbeknownst to them

Knowing thus definitely freedom is
Naturally self-affirming
Projecting more gossamer
Subtly trembling luminous truths

I can drink my tea
I can sip my wine
Every once in a while
I can look up in the sky

The thought doesn’t even arise
That anyone will ever not partake
In this heart of freedom
Forever beating

The only question is:
Does appreciation
Require a separate 'ONE' to be there
To appreciate


Thanking Tarthang Tulku
For conveying the freedom given together with Time Space and Knowledge

copyright  Choyin Dorje 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment